Travel insurance is insurance that is intended to cover medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost luggage, flight accident and other losses incurred while traveling, either internationally or domestically.
We hear many stories of people going abroad on holiday and suffering illness or an accident requiring medical attention.
The cost of such treatment can be extortionate and without the relevant insurance cover in place this could leave you seriously out of pocket or in the worst case the hospital refusing to treat you
We make an agreement with the insured that if during the period of insurance the insured person sustains any of the covered risks SWICO will pay to the insured the sum or sums provided in the policy of compensation as set out.
Any change in health diagnosed and confirmed by a legally recognized doctor during the life of the policy and which is not comprised in either of the two groups below:
Congenital disease: that exists at the moment of birth as a consequence of hereditary factors or complaints acquired during pregnancy
Pre-existing disease: that the insured suffered 90 days prior to the date of taking out the insurance.
A change in health that requires admission to hospital and which, in the opinion of the company’s medical team, prevents the insured from continuing travel on the date planned, or which involves risk of death.
A medical problem caused by a sudden and severe external reason beyond the control of the insured, within the validity period of this policy.
An injury which, in the opinion of the company’s medical team, prevents the insured continuing travel on the date planned, or which involves risk of death
The company will provide these benefits only when the insured is travelling outside their usual country of residence up to a maximum of 90 consecutive days.
Key Features of SWICO Travel Insurance
- Travelers get coverage in case their personal baggage and important documents pertaining to traveling such as passport gets lost during the trip.
- Travel of one immediate family member
- Emergency return home following death os a close family member
- Coverage for overseas trip delay, curtailment or cancellation
- Accommodation costs in case the overseas trip is canceled or shortened.
- Third party death, disability and property damage
- Costs related to repatriation and evacuation in case of an emergency
- Emergency medical costs including dental treatments during the overseas trip
- Delivery of medication
- Relay of urgent messages
- Legal defense
- Personal accident that cause death or total disability while traveling
- Urgent requirement of cash as a result of theft or robbery while traveling overseas
- Coverage available in the event of hijack during the overseas trip
Cover may be bought for individual trips or on annual policies for more frequent travellers with policy benefits including the following :
- Cancellation or curtailment
- Emergency medical expenses
- Emergency dental treatment
- Funeral expenses
- Hospital benefit
- Personal accident
- Personal Liability
- Delayed departure
- Abandonment of trip
- Missed departure
- Legal Expenses
Cost of the cover may vary according to destination but policies may be bought on worldwide basis or limited to certain locations.
For More Information